Ice Cream Market Dynamics
- Key Driver: One of the growth drivers for the global ice cream market is the increasing number of new product launches by vendors operating in the market.
- Key Trend: The increasing investments by the vendors in the market in focus are one of the positive trends that can spur the growth of the global ice cream market during the forecast period.
- Key Challenge: Product recalls will be a major challenge negatively impacting the global ice cream market growth.
Want to know in detail about the market dynamics and their impact analysis, Request for Sample PDF
Ice Cream Market Segment Insights
- Impulse: The market share growth by the impulse segment will be significant during the forecast period. The growing demand for small portion snacks is one of the reasons for consumers opting to buy ice creams on impulse during the forecast period.
- Take Home
- APAC: 39% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and Japan are the key markets for ice cream in APAC. Market growth in APAC will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions. The increasing investments by the vendors in the market and increasing new product launches will facilitate the ice cream market growth in APAC over the forecast period.
- North America
- South America
Get Segment-based Insights and Regional contributions, with this PDF Sample
Ice Cream Market Vendor Analysis
The market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as offering different price points, new product launches, and intact product quality to compete in the market. The ice cream market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
To help businesses improve their market position, Technavio’s report provides a detailed analysis of around 25 vendors operating in the market. To leverage the current opportunities, market vendors must strengthen their foothold in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments. Backed with competitive intelligence and benchmarking, our research reports on the ice cream market are designed to provide entry support, customer profile & M&As as well as go-to-market strategy support.
Top Ice Cream Market Players:
- Agropur cooperative: The company offers ice cream under the brands, Natrel, Iceberg, and Scotsburn
- Blue Bell Creameries LP: The company offers various products such as ice creams, sherbet, frozen snacks, and other products
- Froneri International Ltd.: The company offers ice cream under the brands, Nuii, Rowntrees, Drumstick, and others.
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.: The company offers ice cream under the brands, Amul Flaavyo, Amul EPIC, and Amul Ice Cream
- Inspire Brands Inc.: The company offers ice cream under the brand Baskin Robbins.
- Mars Inc.
- Nestle SA
- New Forest Ice Cream Ltd.
- Unilever Group
- Wells Enterprises Inc.
Download FREE Sample Report for Vendor Share Contribution and their Strategic Moves
Ice Cream Market Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will assist ice cream market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the ice cream market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the ice cream market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of ice cream market vendors
Artisan Ice Cream Market by Distribution Channel and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026: The artisan ice cream market share is expected to increase by USD 4.74 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.96%.
Gourmet Ice Cream Market by Product and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024: The gourmet ice cream market size has the potential to grow by USD 2.50 billion during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period.
Sugar Free Ice Cream Market by Distribution Channel and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2022-2026: The sugar-free ice cream market share is expected to increase to USD 1.58 billion from 2021 to 2026, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 9.48%.
Vegan Ice Cream Market by Product and Geography – Forecast and Analysis 2020-2024: The vegan ice cream market size is expected to grow by USD 601.21 mn and record a CAGR of 7% during 2020-2024.
Ice Cream Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.18%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 12.28 billion
YoY growth (%)
Europe, APAC, North America, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 39%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, Russian Federation, Italy, and Germany
Leading companies, competitive strategies, consumer engagement scope
Agropur cooperative, Blue Bell Creameries LP, Froneri International Ltd., Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., Inspire Brands Inc., Mars Inc., Nestle SA, New Forest Ice Cream Ltd., Unilever Group, and Wells Enterprises Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and future consumer dynamics, and market condition analysis for the forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Table of Content
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Packaged Foods and Meats
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 – 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global – Market size and forecast 2020 – 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 – 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition – Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product – Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Impulse – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Impulse – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Impulse – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Take home – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Take home – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Take home – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Artisanal – Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Artisanal – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Artisanal – Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market segmentation by Distribution channel
- Geographic segmentation 64
- Europe – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 67
- APAC – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 70
- North America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 73
- South America – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 75
- MEA – Market size and forecast 2020-2025 77
- Market opportunity by geography 80
- Drivers, Challenges, and Trends 82
- Market positioning of vendors 99
- Blue Bell Creameries LP 104
- Froneri International Ltd 105
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd 107
- New Forest Ice Cream Ltd 115
- Wells Enterprises Inc 118
- Currency conversion rates for US$ 121
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provide actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.